Riera Reptiles, LLC – Customer Terms & Conditions
Live Arrival – We Guarantee it!
Quality shipping is a priority for us and we ensure every animal is comfortable and safe in an insulated box. If conditions are cold or hot we furnish heat packs or cool packs as necessary to maintain a comfortable temperature inside during shipment.
Shipping is carried out by FedEx via Priority Overnight services Monday – Wednesday. Once we ship your reptile, it will arrive at your door the very next day. Shipments usually arrive in the morning before noon; however, it may arrive in the afternoon for certain rural areas.
Please note! We will not ship animals in extreme weather conditions. Temperatures must be between 38-100 degrees Fahrenheit during the entire shipment. Once a purchase is made, we will continue to care for your reptile until these conditions are met.
Below 38°F: Cannot ship. Will have to wait for warmer weather.
38-69°F: A heat pack will be placed in the box.
70-91°F: Ideal shipping temps (Does not require ice or heat packs)
92-100°F: Ice pack is added to the package and shipped to the closest “FedEx Ship Center” facility (NOT a FedEx Office, Pak Mail, Mail Boxes Etc. or other satellite/franchise location). Your shipment will arrive early in the morning and be kept inside until the recipient picks it up.
Over 100°F: Cannot ship. Will have to wait for cooler weather.
Live arrival guarantee will be null and void if:
– An incorrect address is given
– You or your agent is not present to sign for door-to-door shipment (first delivery attempt).
– In the case where packages are shipped to a customer’s local FedEx facility to be held for pickup. Live arrival guarantee will be null and void if the customer or the customer’s agent has not picked up the reptile at the FedEx facility the same day it is delivered.
All reptiles purchased from me are guaranteed healthy, regularly feeding, and represented honestly to the best of my ability. After your new reptile has arrived, open the package and inspect your new animal. We must be notified the same day as the recorded delivery date of any issues. We have no control over what the customer does or the type of environment the animal is placed in, so this is as far as the health guarantee goes.
Health guarantee will be null and void if:
– An incorrect address is given
– You or your agent is not present to sign for door-to-door shipments (first delivery attempt).
– In the case where packages are shipped to a customer’s local FedEx facility to be held for pickup. Health guarantee will be null and void if the customer or the customer’s agent has not picked up the reptile at the FedEx facility the same day it is delivered.
All live animals will be properly sexed unless otherwise stated. The buyer must verify that their purchased animal(s) are of the sex advertised within 48 hours of delivery. After 48 hours, all sales are considered final as it is the buyer’s responsibility to confirm the sex of the animal(s) upon arrival.
Shipping & Handling Charge
We charge a flat rate shipping fee that is calculated based on the total grams of the animal(s). Our site will automatically total the grams of each animal to determine a shipping price. Multiple reptiles may be added to one box if possible. We can ship reptiles anywhere in the in the continental United States.
|Less than 500 grams||$60|
|501 grams to 1000 grams||$65|
|1001 grams to 3000 grams||$75|
|3001 grams to 6000 grams||$125|
|6001 grams to 10,000 grams||$155|
|10,001 grams to 20,000 grams||$189|
|Ball python orders over $1,000.00.||FREE|
Shipping is 50% off for Military members that are active, reserve, or veterans.
Accessories & Apparel:
Accessories can be shipped anywhere in the world. Our cart is integrated with USPS and will automatically calculate your shipping based on the current shipping rates. Certain accessories are shipped via a flat rate. See Apparel & Accessories Terms & Conditions section for further details.
Refunds & Returns
With live animals, all sales are considered final unless we could not fulfill our guarantees or there was an error on our part.
Accessories & Apparel
Due to the nature of the item sold, there are no returns or refunds for accessories and apparel unless the item is defective, fails to arrive, or the wrong items were shipped to you. If there is an error on our part, please see the Apparel & Accessories Terms & Conditions section for further details.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return or replacement of damaged electronics.
All in-person sales conducted in the state of Texas or shipped to a Texas address is subject to sales tax.
We accept all major credit cards via Paypal, bank or cashier checks, and money orders. Please note that no Paypal account is required in order to process a payment. All checks must clear first prior to any animals or merchandise being shipped.
Payments via e-check are processed by intuit.inc and is one of the most secure methods of payment. Once a purchase is made using this option, your order will be reviewed and an invoice will be sent to your email with a special link. From there you will be able to pay for your order.
Payment plans are offered on a monthly schedule with each payment milestone being a month apart from the deposit date. Schedule duration will not exceed 90 days. Payments are generally broken up evenly between the deposit and amount of months in the payment plan. A 5% payment plan fee is added to the deposit payment.
– Payments are not refundable but may be used as credit for another animal or product being sold in our online shop.
– Payment plan fees are not refundable or transferable as a credit on the payment plan of another animal.
– The first payment is due as a deposit and the subsequent payments are due one month after the first payment was made.
– You will automatically forfeit your hold on any animal if a payment is not made by the due date. If the animal has not been sold to another customer, the animal may return to a hold status as soon as a payment is made.
– Credit may not be used as a deposit for payment plans but may be used in any of the subsequent payments.
When Your Reptile Arrives
Opening up your box and receiving your reptile is without a doubt very exciting. Prior to your reptile arriving home, you should have already prepared its enclosure with a hide box, established the correct temperature and humidity, and made sure fresh water is available. Although it is tempting to want to spend time with your new acquisition, the first week is a critical time for your reptile to familiarize itself with its new habitat. It is not uncommon for reptiles to stop eating until they have had this time to acquaint themselves with their new environment. Once they are comfortable and have established a feeding routine, it is then okay to handle your new pet. If you need more information about how to care for your new pet, please see our care sheets located in the Learning Center.